EJ Finance Limited helps UK firms access business finance, working directly with businesses and their trusted advisors. We are a credit broker and do not provide loans ourselves. EJ Finance is a trading name of EJ Finance Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 12294769. Registered office address: 28 Baddow Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0DG, hereinafter referred to as “EJ Finance Limited”, “we” or “us”.
EJ Finance Limited is committed to high standards of ethical behaviour and takes a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and will implement and enforce effective systems to counter bribery and corruption.
EJ Finance Limited will uphold all laws relevant to our business to counter bribery and corruption and we remain bound by the laws of the UK, including the Bribery Act 2010.
Bribery and corruption are punishable for individuals by up to ten years’ imprisonment and if we are found to have taken part in corruption we could face an unlimited fine and irretrievable damage to our reputation. We therefore take our legal responsibilities very seriously and exercise every endeavour in the course of our operation to identify and prevent any such risk.
The purpose of this policy is to publicly communicate to our clients, partners and third parties our position on bribery and corruption. Our employees must refer to our internal policies and our Company Handbook.
In this policy, third party means any individual or organisation that comes into contact with us, and includes actual and potential clients, customers, introducers, brokers, suppliers, business contacts, agents, advisers, and government and public bodies, including their advisors, representatives and officials, politicians and political parties.
This policy applies to:
– EJ Finance Limited customers and potential customers
– Any third parties EJ Finance Limited authorises to act on its behalf such as introducers, brokers, affiliates, agents and/or advisers
– EJ Finance Limited suppliers, government and public bodies, including their advisors, representatives and officials, politicians and political parties
Where we engage with third parties, we will undertake appropriate steps to ensure that they comply with the principles set out in this policy.
Corruption is the misuse of office or power for private gain.
A bribe is an inducement or reward offered, promised or provided in order to gain any financial, contractual, regulatory or personal advantage.
We do not (nor do we procure anybody) to:
– Give, promise to give, or offer, a payment, gift or hospitality with the expectation or hope that a business advantage will be received, or to reward a business advantage already given;
– Give, promise to give, or offer, a payment, gift or hospitality to a government official, agent or representative to “facilitate” or expedite a routine procedure;
– Accept payment from a third party that we know or suspect is offered with the expectation that it will obtain a business advantage for them;
– Accept a gift or hospitality from a third party if we know or suspect that it is offered or provided with an expectation that a business advantage will be provided by us in return;
– Threaten or retaliate against another worker who has refused to commit a bribery offence or who has raised concerns under this policy; or
– Engage in any activity that might lead to a breach of this policy.
We do not make, and will not accept, facilitation payments, “brown envelopes” or “kickbacks” of any kind.
We avoid any activity that might lead to, or suggest, that a facilitation payment or kickback will be made or accepted by us.
We do not make contributions to political parties. We only make charitable donations that are legal and ethical under the laws of England and Wales.
Third parties are encouraged to raise concerns with us about any issue or suspicion of malpractice at the earliest possible stage. Any concerns, issues or suspicions should be referred to the Compliance Director, Kieran Ellis, at email@example.com.
We will monitor the effectiveness and review the implementation of this policy, regularly considering its suitability and effectiveness.